There are certain medications used to treat specific skin conditions, including oral and topical drugs.
Basically, some of the most common topical skin care meds include the following:
- Antibacterials, such as clindamycin and mupirocin, used by patients to prevent and treat different skin infections;
- Topical antifungal agents like terbinafine and clotrimazole that treat such skin conditions as ringworm;
- Anthralin helps users treat psoriasis and decreases inflammation;
- Benzoyl peroxide available as washes, gels, foams, creams and so on;
- Retinoids that come as creams and gels and contain Vitamin A and treat such skin conditions as acne;
- Corticosteroids are used to treat eczema, and they’re also available in different forms.
Besides, there are many injections and oral treatments for skin conditions, including:
- Oral antibiotics, such as tetracycline, erythromycin, and others;
- Antiviral agents, like Zovirax and Valtrex that treat shingles and herpes;
- Oral antifungal agents that are effective for treating serious fungal skin infections;
- Enzyme inhibitors;
- Biologics and much more.
Showing the single result